Today’s is guest is Shawn Mynar, a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP™), Restorative Wellness Practitioner, Certified Personal Trainer, Real Food Foodie, and Passionate Health Seeker!
She grew up with the standard American diet until finding out she had an autoimmune disease, ulcerative colitis (UC) in 2008. Through experimenting and changing her nutritional approach, she healed herself through a ketogenic approach. She is now thoroughly versed in issues related to autoimmune disease and numerous other disorders.
She hosts the Keto for Women podcast which consistently ranks as a top podcast in Fitness and Nutrition on I-tunes.
- Don’t fear GOOD FATS. You need to increase your fat significantly to ensure you become ketogenic.
- You need to moderate protein to stay ketogenic. Too high protein is a very common mistake.
- Toxins are stored in fat so you need to choose high quality cuts of meat.
- You can’t go ketogenic with subpar foods – you can but you shouldn’t. This is Keto for Health.
- Use blood ketones to fine tune ketosis. Test for information. When you feel great, test to find out optimal ketone levels. Get the specific number.
- Be in ketosis for 3-5 weeks before you intermittent fast.
1:0 Video version? Shawn is #1!
YouTube – https://youtu.be/nrYtxNCxQsE
3:45 Shawn’s story (from SAD to KETO)
7:15 The danger of Mold exposure
8:45 Random health issues & the environment
12:00 Keto (What’s the difference between women and men?)
13:45 Common issues with becoming ketogenic
17:45 You don’t understand how much fat you need to get into ketosis.
19:15 The “Catch 22” of eating a lot of FAT
20:00 The idea of “nutrient dense” keto
23:30 Why vegetables are important
24:00 Biggest obstacles to “I just can’t do it”
25:30 Hunger signals and cravings with keto
27:00 The keto lifestyle (should you cycle on and off?)
28:30 The psychological barrier
31:00 Binge tendencies
31:45 Keto and the menstrual cycle
33:15 Measuring ketones
35:30 Intermittent fasting and ketone levels
39:30 Pay attention to stressors
40:00 Exogenous ketones (Do shortcuts work?)
42:45 Getting into ketosis to start the healing process
43:30 Take a holistic approach to health
44:30 Shawn reveals her “cheat” foods
45:10 Key takeaways
49:45 What about fruit? Eat seasonally
Contact Shawn @
Instagram & Facebook @